The 2013 Gift Guide is here! We’ve searched high and low for the most unique gifts this holiday season from your favorite local vendors. In fact, many of these items are made right here in New Orleans! It’s more important than ever to support local businesses during the holiday season so we’ve made it easy for you by rounding up some of our favorites. Hope you enjoy our curated selection of gifts and stay tuned for more holiday tips to come!
1. Weinstein’s carries all different colors of this reasonably priced b. may cell pouch 2. Local sunglasses designer Krewe du Optic is beloved by many and featured prominently at Hattie Sparks 3. The only thing black and white about the holiday season is this fabulous pair of shoes from CeCe Shoe 4. Simple and chic posts from local jewelry designer Marion Cage, perfect for any outfit 5. Tonya Hawkes show stopper clutch from Mimi 6. Everyone wants a GOGO Cuff from local jewelry designer Gogo Borgerdring 7. Local artist Starr Hagenbring designs, stitches and paints these one-of-a-kind jackets available at Art & Eyes. 8. Cozy up to any fire with this Eco Greek Key Throw from Shaun Smith Home 9. Ken Friend of Friend & Company designed this beautiful raw emerald ring, its part of a larger collection including a bracelet and earrings.
1. Indulge at the Spa at the Windsor Court with a Gift Certificate for a Facial and Cellex-C Speed Peel 2. Mimi is debuting the Francis Kurkdjan perfume, it smells divine and also comes in lotion, body wash and even detergent! 3. Manicure and Pedicure at Buff Beauty Bar is the perfect girl outing, they welcome you with bubbly or rose in their chic space 4. We can’t all be like Audrey, but we can admire her beauty with this stunning painting by Ashley Longshore 5. Make It Reyn Dance Class from Reyn Studios, this video should wet the palette 6. Don’t dream of sleeping in fine linens, make it happen with Leontine Linens 7. Head to London, Paris, New York in style with Ashley Longshore’s new travel line for Anthropologie, sizes ranging large to small and destinations vary.
1. Keife & Co and a fine group of other local businesses established the New Orleans Spirit Exchange for New Orleanians to indulge in the finer barrels in life 2. Make sure your man travels in style with this fine duffle from Jade 3. Combine writing with hunting and it may tempt him to help with the thank you notes. Stag Alphabet Notes by Alexa Pulitzer 4. We all know the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so Ralph Brennan’s New Orleans Seafood Cookbook is the perfect gift. Personalization available by clicking here. 5. Exclusive to Eclectic Home, the New Orleans Pillow Collection spices up any room 6. Men are particular about their bars but this Horn Barware set should be the perfect addition for any man. Available at Dunn & Sonnier.
1. Molly and Paul traveled to Turkey to bring you some of the finest hand woven goods in this world. The scarves are a fun accessory, but they have so much more in store for you at Loomed NOLA 2. My go to host gift are these Letterpress Coasters from Marion Cage 3. Jouer combines makeup with party trinkets in their Sparkle & Shine for a party in a box debuting at Buff Beauty Bar 4. “Anyone need a To Go Cup?” Cheers to Alexa Pulitzer for the King Gator Biodegradable Cup 5. A glass of champagne in a champagne scented room sounds delightful to me. Champagne scented candles available at Hattie Sparks 6. Cocoa beans from all over the world unite with the Francois Pralus Collection available at Keife & Co. 7. For the dog lover who has everything, a B.Viz Fortuny Dog Collar available at Bremermann Designs.
1. Alexis Walter knows how much I love a mini, but I can’t help it because its the perfect gift for anyone you love. Large sizes available too if you’re looking to fill a blank wall 2. Love the colors in this simple Nudes available at Malachite 3. Mallory Page comes in all sizes and colors. Call her today for a viewing 4. Amanda Winstead has a fine collection of Will Henry Stevens 5. Many New Orleanians escape to the Gulf Coast, so let this View of Diamondhead, Mississippi remind you of the beauty of the Gulf Coast wherever you are. Available at Hall-Barnett Gallery.
1. Adrienne Casbarian of Lum hit the gold mine when she discovered these amazing gold nugget lamps, definitely a scouted find! 2. Jade’s Acrylic Glassware is perfect glass for ice cold water or a delicious cocktail 3. No description necessary for these fine chairs at Malachite 4. Royalty dominates in this town, so Tara Shaw’s Italian Gilded Wooden Crown is the perfect tribute 5. Kathy Slater continues her mother-in-laws tradition with the Gloria Key Tassel available at Gallery 3954 6. Fifi Laughlin’s hand blown glass vases are available in all sizes and colors at Gallery 3954 7. Great chandelier options by Sheila Kuebel at Gallery 3954 8. I have never been one for fake flowers, but your jaw will simply drop when you see the preserved flower arrangements at Dunn & Sonnier. Perfect eternal decor 9. Locally made Tortoise Lamps by Evelyne Clinton of Source.
We encourage you to SHOP LOCAL this holiday season, and help support the independent businesses that support our community. From unique and one-of-a-kind finds to exceptional customer service, our featured businesses are committed to bringing NEW ORLEANS the BEST. Tis’ the season to give, and we encourage you to GIVE WELL, with intention.
And while you’re at it, feel free to tell them SCOUT sent you. #thescoutguideneworleans #shoplocal